How to get adopted by Finnegan Oscar Erickson:
1. Scope out the adopters for a “cuddly looking mom”.
2. Zero in on said looking cuddly looking mom with your baby blue eyes.
3. When you have locked in a gaze with cuddly looking mom with your baby blue eyes, turn on the puppy face.
4. Soft body and prepare to be scooped up.
5. Lean into cuddly looking mom’s body and enjoy the cuddly.
6. Slowly look upward into the eyes of cuddly looking mom and sigh, before relaxing like pudding back into cuddly looking moms arms.
7. When cuddly looking mom asks, “would you like to go home with us?”, again make eye contact, gentle sigh, and nuzzle cuddly looking mom with muzzle.
8. Wag tail like a helicopter propeller as you wait for Mom and Dad to sign papers, you just scored your new home.
9. On way to vehicle, break out the Snoopy Dance, you just scored your new home.
10. Sleep like a champ on the ride home, soak up the love.
Finnegan Oscar Erickson
My nickname is: Finney
Guardian’s Name: Jennifer & Jonathan Erickson
Dog Age: 7.5 months
Dog Breed: Weimaraner (AKC page)
Siblings: Canine: Brother Duke Sister Jenna, Human: Brother, Christopher
Classes attended/attending: Manners & Self Control; Beginning Nose Work
~Ten Questions with Master Finnegan Oscar Erickson~
When I grow up I want to be : A well behaved member of my family, I would also like to jump over everything so I’m thinking agility.
If you asked my family they would say I am: A troublemaker
I look really cute when I: Sleep
The biggest mess I ever made was: I stole a cardboard box out of the garbage and shredded it all over the house. I do these fairly often so I make big messes all the time!
The first thing I ate that I wasn’t supposed to: A piece of my Mom’s favorite Cheddar
The reason I love coming to Narnia for classes is: I love learning new things and I get lots of treats! And this weekend I was able to play a sniffing game and I was so excited I was sniffing the closed door to get a head start.
I am really good at: Finding treats and tearing up paper/cardboard of any kind.
I am sometimes afraid of: Loud noises
The one thing I can’t resist is: Jumping on my brother Duke when he comes in the house
I think my siblings (canine/human) are: Fabulous
My toughest challenge so far has been: Laying down when my parents ask me to.
My favorite place to sleep is: In bed with my Mom and Dad. I look so cute sleeping.
My favorite holiday is: Not sure yet, I’m still kind of young.
My best friend is: My brother Duke, I kiss him and hug him and steal all of his toys, I like to snuggle with him when he lets me.
My favorite treat: I really like Peanut Butter
My favorite toy: Anything that I can tear the squeaky thing out of.
My favorite television show is: Dawson’s Creek because when mommy watches it we can snuggle on the couch.
My favorite season of the year is: Winter, I don’t have much fur but I love the snow.
My favorite trip was when we went to: Goose Lake Prairie near my house, I get to run around and smell all sorts of new things.
My favorite quote is: What’s a quote?
My favorite playtime activity: Playing Tug with anyone, anytime.
My favorite canine movie is: They make movies with dogs?
How/Why the dog’s name was chosen: I wanted to name him Oscar and he was called that for a few days but my husband didn’t think it fit him so my next favorite was Finnegan. I was just looking through names and it jumped out at me, really seemed to fit him.
What is the most important point you learned about your relationship with your dog did you learn from your class time at Narnia? Having fun while training is very important. I researched other training methods and they did not seem to fit Finn he is very sensitive and needs positive reinforcement and patience while training.
What is it about their particular breed that you are fond of? Finnegan has an amazing personality, we love that he is always happy and loving. He is very intelligent so we have puzzle games to keep him occupied on days when his energy level is on the high side.
Thank you to Finnegan, Duke and Jennifer & Jonathan Erickson for your participation in this weeks interview. Congratulations on your selection as Pet of The Week, we wish you continued success in all your endeavors.